If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature accordingly.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so many models are most likely compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call H&C Heating and Cooling in Laurel at 301-960-3247. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.