As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature starts to drop, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when you need to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a call at 301-960-3247 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving H&C Heating and Cooling in Laurel a call at 301-960-3247. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.