During the colder Laurel months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to H&C Heating and Cooling will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call H&C Heating and Cooling ASAP if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from H&C Heating and Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call H&C Heating and Cooling at 301-960-3247 or book an appointment with us online.