Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Laurel summertime, have the experts at H&C Heating and Cooling perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call H&C Heating and Cooling today at 301-960-3247.