You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at H&C Heating and Cooling have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the current temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your H&C Heating and Cooling technician is over for your regular furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 301-960-3247.