As springtime rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Laurel? Especially if your cooling unit is recently purchased or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your unit checked yearly by a H&C Heating and Cooling expert can help spot little issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy consumption—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps find little issues before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine parts and complete a cycle of AC performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and parts:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Right Away with H&C Heating and Cooling
Today is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our H&C Heating and Cooling pros a shout at 301-960-3247 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.