As spring begins, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Laurel? Even if your AC equipment is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your system checked seasonally by a H&C Heating and Cooling specialist can help locate minor issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is installed outside your home, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a pro to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect in your system can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can create increased energy needs—and a higher energy bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity expenses and over the long run, because you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps find small problems before they turn into major, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine pieces and carry out a series of AC performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into big problems that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your system is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is well-prepared to give worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is vulnerable to premature failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and parts:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with H&C Heating and Cooling
Now is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our H&C Heating and Cooling pros a call at 301-960-3247 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.