When it’s frigid in Laurel you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can impede air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you might require a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like H&C Heating and Cooling.
1. Your furnace is loud. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could indicate a few specific problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The team at H&C Heating and Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.