Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Laurel is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While H&C Heating and Cooling always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call H&C Heating and Cooling in Laurel at 301-960-3247 today.